Aquinox to buy biopharmaceutical firm Neoleukin Therapeutics

Aquinox收购生物制药公司Neoleukin,开发和商业化计算设计蛋白质疗法

2019-08-08 12:05:17 PHARMACEUTICAL

本文共806个字,阅读需3分钟

Neoleukin is involved in the creation of next-generation immunotherapies using de novo protein design technology. The company applies advanced computational methods for the designing of proteins, which show specific pharmaceutical properties and offer potential therapeutic benefit over native proteins. Under the merger agreement, Aquinox will purchase all of the outstanding capital stock of Neoleukin in exchange for a combination of common and preferred shares. Upon completion of the transaction, the former Aquinox stockholders will hold around 61.42% of the combined company’s capital stock, while the former Neoleukin stockholders will own the remaining 38.58% stake. As per terms of the deal, Aquinox will be rebranded as Neoleukin Therapeutics. Subject to customary legal and regulatory clearances and procedures, the deal is expected to be completed on or about 8 August 2019. Neoleukin Therapeutics CEO Dr Jonathan Drachman said: “Neoleukin Therapeutics is a new company based on sophisticated computational technology licensed from the Institute for Protein Design and the University of Washington that enables us to design and create de novo proteins as therapeutic candidates.” The combined entity will involve in the development and commercialisation of computationally-designed protein therapeutics for applications in immuno-oncology, inflammation, and autoimmunity. NL-201, Neoleukin’s major candidate, is a de novo protein designed to mimic the therapeutic activity of the cytokines interleukin-2 and interleukin-15 to treat different types of cancer by activating both T-cells and NK-cells. Aquinox president and CEO David Main said: “Following an extensive evaluation and diligence process, the Aquinox Board of Directors concluded that a merger with Neoleukin, with a strong platform technology, seasoned leadership team, and compelling clinical development plan, offered an excellent opportunity to create such value. “We believe Neoleukin represents an attractive merger partner for Aquinox, offering a novel approach to creating de novo proteins for patients with unmet medical need.” Aquinox is engaged in the discovery and development of novel therapeutics for inflammation, inflammatory pain and blood cancer applications.
新白介素是参与创造下一代免疫疗法使用的新的蛋白质设计技术。 该公司应用先进的计算方法设计蛋白质,显示了特定的药物特性,并提供了潜在的治疗效益比原蛋白。 根据合并协议, Aquinox 将购买 NeoWhitein 全部已发行股本,以换取普通股和优先股的组合。 本次交易完成后,原 Aquinox 股东将持有合并后公司约61.42%的股本,而原新白介素股东将拥有剩余38.58%的股权。 根据协议条款,阿基诺克斯将更名为新白介素治疗。根据惯例的法律和监管审批和程序,预计交易将于2019年8月8日或前后完成。 NeoWhitein Therapeutics 首席执行官乔纳森•德拉赫曼( Jonathan Drachman )表示:“ NeoWhitein Therapeutics 是一家基于蛋白质设计研究所( Institute for Protein Design )和华盛顿大学( University of Washington )许可的先进计算技术的新公司,使我们能够设计和创造出新的蛋白质作为治疗候选物。” 合并后的实体将涉及开发和商业化的计算设计的蛋白质疗法应用于免疫肿瘤,炎症和自身免疫。 NL-201是新白介素的主要候选蛋白,是一种新的蛋白,旨在模拟白细胞介素-2和白细胞介素-15的治疗活性,通过激活 T 细胞和 NK 细胞来治疗不同类型的癌症。 Aquinox 总裁兼首席执行官 David Main 表示:“经过广泛的评估和尽职调查, Aquinox 董事会得出结论,与 NeoWhitein 合并,拥有强大的平台技术、经验丰富的领导团队和令人信服的临床开发计划,提供了创造这种价值的绝佳机会。 “我们相信纽白蛋白是 Aquinox 的一个有吸引力的合并合作伙伴,为未满足医疗需求的患者提供了一种新的方法来创造新的蛋白质。” 阿基诺克斯致力于发现和发展新的治疗炎症,炎症疼痛和血癌的应用。

以上中文文本为机器翻译,存在不同程度偏差和错误;偶尔因源网页结构局限,内容无法一次完整呈现。请理解并参考原站原文阅读。

阅读原文